Things happened this year. Some of them are listed here.
- In early October, my cousin was involved in a horrific car accident. Thankfully, he survived and is now at home, but still has a lot of recovery ahead.
- At the end of February, I stopped working at Bank of America after 12 years.
- I took five masters-level courses at Signum University/ Mythgard Institute
- I was spotlighted as a “Voice of Mythgard”
- I attended the first Mythgard “Mythmoot” Conference
- Breaking News! My paper proposal for next summer’s Joss in June conference was accepted.
- I sent 21 submissions for publication and/or agency representation:
- 1 short story was shortlisted, but I won’t find out until March or April if it’s accepted
- 6 pieces are still awaiting a response (2 poems, 3 short stories, 1 middle-grade novel)
- 14 submissions were rejected, including one which was called the equivalent of a literary one-liner
- I wrote a goodly portion of my serial novel Freedom Plot and posted it here for free (more coming next year, I promise!)
- I participated in NaNoWriMo, and although I didn’t finish it, I am a goodly way along in my current project
- I wrote 59 blog posts (including this one). The five most popular posts are:
- Read 46 books (just shy of 15k pages) according to my Goodreads stats
- This includes 2 graphically heavy books, but doesn’t include a number of shorter works
- Celebrated my third Sirsy-versary
- Got some cool pics and video from Kellish Hill Farm open mike
- Discovered that Shamrock Shakes are overrated